Thursday 2 February 2012

Living a poppers fueled fantasy


 It's safe to say that when I walk, I bob. But you could honestly call me Bukaroo at the moment, commuting on 2 buses and 2 trains a day to work 2 jobs sometimes 6 days a week. Hells teeth. I've got all the 'necessities' stuffed into my velvet rucksack, keys and train pass falling out of one pocket and my falling to bits (piece of shit) phone and ipod crammed into the other. But there's only one reason to explain the bobbing, my beloved earphones that hang round my neck like staple jewelry AND this song........
I posted about Metronomy ages ago, I watched them on the telly and fell in love with the beardy cute lead man ages ago, I added them to the playlist "Just Good" ages ago. But they're still playing a big role as an extra in my busy little life that could be described as being like a poppers filled fantasy at the moment. I only get my kicks from the dream world though, there are no judgements and miserable people there! So this song fits in perfectly, "Everything goes my way", good God its good isn't it? The lyrics;
Why give it up on you, 
When you pushed me aside, three weeks I cried

You shot a hole in my heart straight through
I don't know, it's either the way she sings them or what they could mean to me, but does it chuffing matter? Probably not. But I just love the song, the lyrics describe how when they're apart they give up on eachother sometimes, but the moment they're officially 'back together' they just fall in love again like its a thing to be, or something to be apart of. Its an odd little concept but I like it, falling in and out of love with someone sounds familiar to me! 
Now todays post isn't about the band, the artists and the descriptions, just a few songs crammed into one little post to list a few of my favourites that I personally and pretentiously think everyone in the whole wide world of my limited number of facebook friends and followers should be listening to. So I would like to list a a few more that I want to do a full write up on when I get a chance (maybe tomorrow? yeh tomorrow); 

"Gotye feat. Kimbra - Somebody that I used to know" - unbelievably addictive, the first few seconds you feel like you're tuned into a baby channel, but you quickly change your feelings when you here the sultry voice of lead singer Wouter De Backer.





"Lianne La Havas feat Willy Mason - No room for doubt" - the quality of the recording is so good I feel like I'm listening to her sing in my ear or like I'm playing the track on a record player with all the crackles and the pops that such a beautiful piece would give to us so willingly.




Think I'm just about done, signing off very much looking forward to my day off tomorrow fun filled with a bike ride, a yoga class and an afternoon of baking. Definitely winning! Grace x

No comments:

Post a Comment