Wednesday 16 March 2011

I reach out for you & our hearts collide

Doing what they do

Cut Copy Cut Copy Cut Copy!

Definitely one of my most favouritist bands out there at the minute, and yet hardly anyone I speak to knows about them? Songs like Lights & Music// Hearts on Fire They sound like New Order mixed with Daft Punk, couldn't ask for more really could you...
If there was a name to be attached to the words "Indie Soul" in the urban dictionary it would have to be this band...you know, just like in the English dictionary there is a picture of my beaming face with thumbs up next to the words "Cool", "Banter" and "Quirky".....kidding! I'm only next to "AMAZING" at the moment, look me up. 
What I like about their albums are that you don't have to press skip or jump up to turn down the volume on a song because it was louder than the last, I like albums that have a particular sound for the whole thing rather than jumping about......if you want an uncomfortable listen all you have to do is listen to my own iPod on shuffle, going from James Brown to The XX to Maccabees to Bob Marley! Thank god for Playlists.
I THINK I saw them at LoveBox in London, but that day was a hyper blur, if not then I have seen them do a DJ set which was equally good.. I do plan to see them very soon though, they're just on a tour at the moment heading round Europe and places thereabouts. If they don't call in to England before they head back to Oz I will probably DEFINITELY be gutted.
I quite like their look toom, baggy tshirts and skinny jeans meets surfer boy hair....
Fit, I know.
Anyway in July the band rejected offers to support Lady Gaga, Nine Inch Nails and Coldplay. (Quite a mix ey) which is good on them really, I don't think their sound has any resemblence to Gaga's fringe and hot pants/Scary vampire looking men/coldplays crying songs. Get them on a set with Peaches and 2manyDJs, not those losers.
Have a listen anyway, whislt I write about how Kiera Knightley looks fit in the Chanel adverts - uni work BORE OFF!

FiftysAtHeart xx

No comments:

Post a Comment